Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Betty Crocker Pulls A "New Coke" Style Boner


I can't keep house without Potato Buds. Imagine my panic when I couldn't find them at my local grocery store only to be informed that they've discontinued Potato Buds in favor of a "gluten free" product. By all accounts, the new product cooks up badly. I suppose this means I'm going to have to go back to making mashed potatoes the old fashioned way. The other instants that I've tried taste like the box they come in. That was the only one that tasted like potato to me. Looking at the BC website, I see I'm not the only one who sees this move as a mistake. All I can say is, "Oh, Betty..."

Now, I guess we know what happened to the guy who thought introducing New Coke while pulling the original was a good idea. Two people couldn't possibly be so stupid as to make the same mistake.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/potatoes/products/potato%20buds/potato%20buds

No comments:

Post a Comment