Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How Will The Easter Bunny Find Me?

It's funny how things come full-circle. When I was a child, I remember watching movies based on Bible stories like "The Ten Commandments" and "The Greatest Story Ever Told" in the days leading up to Easter. I never realized how much that meant to me until tonight. Over the past few nights, we've been watching those kinds of movies -- the stories of Esther, Jeremiah, and Mary the Mother of Jesus.

I can't help but be transported back to when I was Butterbean's age, sitting on my grandmother's couch watching "The Greatest Story Ever Told" while fretting over whether the Easter bunny was ever going to find me, and how I was going to get goodies without my basket. I confided my fears to my great-grandmother who lived across the street. She wheeled herself over to the hall cabinet and painfully and carefully rose from her wheelchair so she could reach the gardening baskets on the top shelf. She gave me a perfect basket which today sits on top of my hall cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment